performance & composition
I don't want to compose music in a vaccuum or ivory tower – I want my music to remain connected to the act of live performance. In concerts we feel energy from performers as they think, move, and breathe together. We are invited into their sonic medium and asked to share in the pure, beautiful, sounds ringing at that particular moment. The live-concert experience cannot be replicated by printed or recorded music, and I want to be a part of it!
I work mainly as a composer, but if it can contribute to a great project or bring important music to life (old & new), I am eager dust off my drumsticks or pick up a baton.
Click here for a percussion repertoire list
- Contemporary Ensembles: Thornton EDGE, Rutgers Percussion Ensemble
Aspen Music Festival Percussion Ensemble, Melos Music Ensemble, and guest performances with International Contemporary Ensemble, wild Up, Splinter Reeds, & Walden Players.
- Performances with: Sarah Chang, Orli Shaham, Orchestra of St. Luke's
Chamber Ensemble, Riverside Choral Society, and others
- Conductors: Zinman, Slatkin, Conlon, Wolff, Llewellyn
Harth-Bedoya, Milanov, and others
- Festivals: Aspen, Eastern, Abel Seminar, Zildjian Seminar, Sunset Chamberfest
- Youth Orchestra: New York Youth Symphony - Principal Timpani
- Teachers: She-e Wu, Chris Deviney, Doug Howard, Jon Haas
- Aspen Contemporary Ensemble
- Melos Music Ensemble
- Brevard Music Festival – Itch Ensemble
- New England Conservatory – Tuesday Night New Music Series
- Rutgers University – Graduate Composers Series
- Curtis Institute of Music – Chamber Recitals
- Thornton School of Music – Chamber Recitals